Biomass boilers are boilers that use biomass as fuel. Biomass fuels can be rice husks, peanut husks, corn cobs, palm husks, pine wood, straws, etc. Different biomass fuels have different calorific values and different prices. All need to be considered when calculating the operating cost of a biomass boiler. Today, the biomass boiler manufacturer-ZOZEN Boiler will give you a detailed introduction to the relevant knowledge of biomass fuel.
Biomass pellet fuel specifications
Biomass pellet fuels are mostly rice husks, peanut husks, camellia husks, and cottonseed husks, with a diameter of 6 to 8 mm, a length of 4 to 5 times the diameter, and a width of 0.5 cm.
The calorific value of biomass pellet fuel
1. All kinds of pine (red pine, white pine, mongolica, fir, etc.) have a calorific value of 4300~4500 kcal/kg, density ≥1.2t/m³, ash content ≤0.9%;
2, hard miscellaneous wood (oak wood, catalpa wood, elm, etc.) has a calorific value of 4500 kcal/kg, density ≥1.22t/m³, ash content ≤0.9%;
3, soft miscellaneous wood (poplar, birch, fir, etc.) has a calorific value of 4300 kcal/kg, density ≥1.2t/m³, ash content ≤1.1%;
4, bean stalks, cotton stalks, peanut shells, etc. calorific value 3800 kcal/kg, density ≥ 1.15t/m³, ash content ≤ 6%;
5. The calorific value of corn stalk and rape stalk is 3700 kcal/kg, density ≥1.15t/m³, ash content ≤6%;
6. The heat value of wheat straw is 3500 kcal/kg, the density is ≥1.1t/m³, and the ash content is ≤7%;
7. The calorific value of potato straw is 3400 kcal/kg, the density is ≥1.1t/m³, and the ash content is ≤7%;
8. The calorific value of rice straw is 3000 kcal/kg, the density is ≥1.1t/m³, and the ash content is ≤8%;
The calorific value of biomass pellet fuel after conversion carbonization can be as high as 4800-5800 kcal/kg.
The price of biomass pellet fuel
With the country’s promotion of biomass boilers, the price of biomass pellet fuel has risen accordingly. However, ZOZEN Boiler Factory predicts that as the productivity of biomass pellet fuel increases, the price of biomass pellet fuel will fall rationally.
The price of pellet fuel is different in different regions. Generally speaking, the price of biomass pellet fuel with lower calorific value is 700 yuan/ton, while the price of pellet fuel with higher calorific value is relatively high, about 900-1000 yuan/ton.